Saturday, February 19, 2011

Today was a very busy day for us! This morning Ben and I spent our time upstairs in his playroom drawing. He wanted me to draw a happy face so I did. Then I asked him to copy what I was drawing. First I started with a circle, and he did the same, then slowly I made a face and he did too.... I have to say, his is pretty good! He was very excited to show dad his face when he got home! This afternoon, Ben decided that he didn't want a nap...usually this is fine, but today he was going to the Oilers game with Granny and Boompa...he had a great time and I'm pretty sure they did too! He was so happy to give Boompa and Granny their tattoos to put on so they could all match and he made sure that they both had their jerseys on too!

Tonight we watched Ben's BFf's Taylor and Emmerson and their sister Jenna. Watching them all play around made me realize how lucky we are, Paulette and I. We have the best kids ever! I know I sound like a braggy mom, but they were all so good and played so well! We baked cookies and they all took turns measuring and pouring - it was cute because one would take a turn and then they would all call out the next person's name and pass the mixing bowl down the line - too cute! While they were baking, the 4 kids played hide and seek! They totally understood how to play with teams and it was so cute watching Ben and Taylor holding hands and running somewhere to hide... you would then hear little giggles and "you whoo's" coming from where they were, but they knew to stay there until they were found. Then they would switch and count to ten and then look for Jenna and Emmerson. I wish I had taped it. I really had a good evening tonight, even though there were 4 kids in my house. The kids had a blast as well!


Ben and his drawing


at the Oiler game (someone had a 2nd intermission nap...)


movie and popcorn time!


our yummy cookies (or as yummy as they could be with 4 little hands helping measure things...)


Ben and his cutie BFF's - love them all! (taylor, ben & emmerson)

No comments:

Post a Comment