Monday, February 21, 2011

If its not Hockey or Trucks, its crafts! Today, Ben decided he wanted to make hand prints...with paint! I love all the mom's out there that just get right into the mess with kids and crafts, but for me its baby steps! First I said no to the hand painting and then I thought about it and really, what is the harm in some paint on his hands and the paper.... so with a big deep breath, we painted his hands and then he put them on the paper....big breath out...

He had so much fun doing it...I really felt bad for almost not letting him. I have to get better and letting him do fun, messy stuff like that every one in a while. I love my little man so much and want him to experience everything possible and if that means making a little mess, then I guess that is exactly what is going to happen!



2 comments:

  1. I can appreciate what a HUGE step that was for you hon.... congratulations... you truly are a fantastic Mom. He's a lucky little man. Just look at that smile. What fun. (and I can just see you running him to the sink afterwards.... "don't touch anything... I'll turn on the water... don't touch Mommy.... ")
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. He definitely looks like he's having lots of fun!! I hear ya about being hesitant about messy things...but isn't that smile just worth every second :) What a cutie he is!!

    ReplyDelete