Monday, February 14, 2011



HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

We had a great day today!!! So many photos to share and such a busy day!! We were supposed to decorate cookies with Ben's little girlfriends, Taylor and Emmerson this morning, but Talyor was not feeling good, so Ben and I hopped in the car and delivered Valentine's treats to his friends' houses. We stopped at the florist and got some roses for our next "event".

2 of my Grandmas live close by in the same complex, and they were having a Valentines Day party, so we went over and took our Grandmas (and Ben's friend Olga) some flowers and cake pops. They had some live entertainement and cake, so Ben had a great time. He was taking the ladies up to dance on the dance floor one at a time! It was so nice to see people smiling there. Every time we go, it breaks my heart...there are so many seniors there and hardly anyone ever has any company....They all just love Ben and I am so glad that he takes the time and talks with all of them. At the start, he used to play shy, but now when people come up to him, he will talk and smile...you can just see them light up from the inside out! Makes me do the same! I would love to set up a program like a "rent-a-grandparent"... one of my girlfriends had mentioned it to me. I could match seniors up with little kiddies and their moms and they could visit with them once or twice a month. Its amazing what joy a little kid makes in that place! If I could ever find the time, that would be what I would do!!! Ben is one of the few kids that is ever there. All in all, we had a great time - Ben is quite the ham!

After the party, we headed home and both took a nice nap (for some reason, the senior's centre tires me out every time we go!)
Dave got home and we made a nice pasta dinner - its funny, because whenever I think of romantic dinners, I think of spaghetti...must be from Lady & the Tramp.... either way, that's what we had! We went and did some running around and then as a treat, stopped in at Dairy Queen for some desert - Ben was in heaven! He loves the plain vanilla cone!

Once we got home, we decorated our Valentines Day cookies...well Dave and Ben did - I supervised! ;) Dave always takes such care in his work, its quite cute. He hates baking and eveything that goes along with it (except the eating part), but when he actually does something, he makes it like a work of art - love that guy! B's were pretty good too! Looks like I have some strong competition!

WARNING!!!! LOTS OF PHOTOS COMING UP!!! ;)

This was a little "photoshoot" I set up in B's playroom the other day....I am SO not a photographer, but they worked out not too bad....










These were my Cake Pops! They turned out really well (if I do say so myself..)

This was B's Valentine he gave out to people


Cake Pops!!!


This was my poor kitchen at 2am.... amazingly, it only took me 20 minutes to clean it up - thank goodness for dishwashers!


Grandma & Ben


Granny & Ben


Grandma Gillies, Ben & I


Olga & Ben


The whole Gang ;)


Ben and Olga on the dance floor. My mom said that she has never seen the Man behind them in the wheelchair smile, and today he was grinning and clapping his hands to the beat while watching Ben and Olga dance...even though it is small, it makes me feel like I am doing a little bit...


Me & B at my Grandma's after the party


My little Valentine decorating his cookies


My big Valentine doing the same... excuse the hair ;)


Their works of art! If you look closely at the one on the bottom left, you will see the hockey player Ben wanted me to draw for him...that boy and his hockey!


B and his cookies!


This is what my sweet sweet hubby brought me home today ;)
He said that they were "so springy and fresh, they were hard to pass up".... my exact words from a post a few days ago about my Grandma's tulips.... I laughed, but also was touched that he actually reads this AND remembers it! Love ya babe!

1 comment:

  1. Can't tell you how much I love your blog (and you :-)) Your valentine photo shoot of Ben is awesome, very professional looking. It's clear you could start a couple of more sideline businesses....just what you need huh? Today at Grandma's everyone was still talking about your little dancing machine.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete