Sunday, March 27, 2011

From one extreme to the next... yesterday was hockey and today was BAKING! Mama's favorite! I think I love baking as much as B loves hockey! We had some pretty brown bananas and Dave kept bugging me about them. Its funny because he loves banana bread, but he hates the fact that the bananas have to sit on the counter once the get spotted and they stay there until they are nice and brown. I hear about it until I mash them use them! I convinced Ben into helping me make some muffins and bread. The only way he would help is if I promised to let him sprinkle the chocolate chips in and if he got to sample some.... He is actually really good at baking. He understands that we have to follow a recipe and that I will measure and he will dump it in and start the mixer. He is also really good at breaking eggs...everywhere! ;) I let him pass them to me so he can see how fragile they are, but every once in a while, he will get this look on his face (a little smirk) and send his thumb smashing right into the centre of the egg. He looks as me with a "what happened?" look, but behind it is really a "ha ha ha, that was cool" look... Its cute, because I pretend that it is serious that he is wasting eggs and that he has to be careful, but deep down I'm really loving it because he thinks he is fooling me and he looks so cute! We're both "fooling" eachother!


Mr. B scooping out the batter - I can't believe how big he looks in this photo! His legs look so long!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment